Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Divine Intervention

Oh my god! He works here. He works at the Big Evil Corporation.

I am referring to the Indian guy I was enamored with on Friday night (see http://straightissoboring.blogspot.com/2005/11/just-give-me-night.html), who we shall refer to from now on as Possibly Metro.

I was standing having a discussion with a co-worker and out of the corner of my eye I catch a cute Indian guy walking down the hall next to me. My eye’s immediately widen with recognition, and my neck turns like the freaky girl in The Exorcist, my eyes soaking him in till the last possible second. I was in mid-conversation with the co-worker at this point, and he was waiting for an answer to some stupid inane question. I return to the conversation totally forgetting what we are talking about. “Yes, yes, of course,” I say, hoping that will satisfy him in terms of a response. He the co-worker stares strangely at me, and continues blabbering on. I keep nodding at what he is saying, searching desperately for an exit queue in the conversation. None comes up. I want to scream at him, “Shut the fuck-up, I don’t care about your stupid life.” Instead I stare at his pants, noticing that he has them pulled up to his belly-button, and how the pants are to big for him as the buttons for his pants sag below the belt. I eventually just give him one more nod and walk away while he is taking a breath.

My initial reaction is to start jumping up and down and clapping my hands and thank the gods for throwing him back in my path. I want to chase after him, and ask him if he has read The Celestine Prophecy’s. Because, in The Celestine Prophecy’s it tells us, that when we encounter random people again and again in our lives, that it is not coincidence, rather they have been thrown into our path to help us with our life goal. Cosmic guidance. Fate. Karma.

I would ask him, “Don’t you remember me, I was the guy that was staring at you at that bar on Friday night”. He would probably nod, with alarm growing on his face. “Well, I can’t believe that you work here also, what are the odds.” As he would be walking away from me at this point, I would say loudly so he could still hear me, “In The Celestine Prophecy’s it tells us that there is no coincidence, that people we meet again and again are meant to help us in our greater life purpose, our greater life goal.” He would look at me as if I were insane at this point. Having got his attention, I would close with, “Well, my life goal at this point is to bring you maximum sexual pleasure, what’s your number?”

I feel that maybe this would not be the wisest course of action. Instead I run to Special K’s cubicle, slap her desk, and say, “You won’t fucking believe it, he works here.” She looks at me for a second, and continues talking to the customer she is on the phone with. I can’t believe her. Here I am, with the universe speaking to me, with cosmic guidance happening to me, and she has the nerve to continue doing her job. I am disappointed, as a proper fag hag she should place her customer on hold, and press for details. I stand by her desk agitated waiting for her to finish with the customer. She finally does, and we revert to proper fourteen year-old girl conversation mode. “Oh my gods” are exchanged, and I teeter tooter to from side to side. The discussion doesn’t last as long as I’d like, as we move on to discuss some possible job promotion she has coming.

I summed up from the direction that he was walking in the building, he must have a much more important job in the Big Evil Corporation than myself. He was wearing a nice expensive suit, so maybe he is like some sort of financial big wig. I work in the call centre environment, which is considered the bottom of the barrel. We the call centre employees are the menial labourers for the Big Evil Corporation. Our social positions are not matched – which will add to an interesting twist in the romance between Possibly Metro and me. It will be like Brad and Traci on The Young and the Restless. Brad worked as a gardener for the wealthy Abbots who ran Jabot Enterprises. Traci Abbot fell in love with him, and eventually Brad rose from being a mere groundskeeper to head of sales at Jabot Enterprises.

I will have to start coming in early to work, and dwell in the area where the people who get paid better than me work. I will look dashingly handsome everyday, and then Possibly Metro will see me, becoming smitten with me. We will exchange cute emails at work, which will lead to a night of mind boggling sex, resulting in an instant promotion at work.

I am so glad I saw Possibly Metro again. I have the opportunity now to construct all sorts of complex fantasies, and feed the obsessive part of my personality.

Yes, I am slightly insane.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The reason I made you wait is because I am a dutiful and resonsible employee. We can't all be slackers who train others.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home